Peruse office furniture for sale from almost any source and you’ll be shocked at the high cost of modern office furniture. New office tables can cost anywhere from $500 to $5,000, depending on the construction material, though many small businesses don’t have the means to afford such expensive options. Many companies don’t realize that there are more affordable office furniture options, particularly pre-owned furniture. Much of the used office furniture for sale is in great condition and can save you over 50% on furnishing costs.
There is no question that your office furniture must be in great condition, as it represents your company and should do so well. The fact is that most used office furniture can be restored easily to look brand new, through simple re-upholstery or re-finishing efforts. Many office furniture stores carry this revitalized furniture and can help you furnish your office at a discounted price. Here, we’ll look at some of the important considerations to make when looking at used office furniture for sale online or in office furniture stores.
Types of Recycled Office Furniture
There are three main classifications of used office furniture: re-manufactured, refurbished, and reused.
- Re-manufactured furniture has been restored to its original condition. Buying re-manufactured furniture is the closest you’ll come to purchasing new furniture.
- Refurbished furniture hasn’t had extensive renewal, but has been cleaned, repaired, and touched up with fresh paint and new fabric.
- Reused furniture hasn’t been altered or repaired. This “as is” furniture can be refurbished by you if you feel so inclined, but you’re really just buying used furniture.
What to Know
When you’re shopping for recycled office furniture, keep these things in mind:
- Look at directories of office furniture for sale in your area.
- Make sure you have a good understanding of what you’re buying and that you can trust the seller.
- Comparison shop a little, because it’s never a good idea to assume you’re saving money just because you’re buying new. Look at new and used prices, warranties, and service options.
- Investigate the reputation of the dealer, especially if you’re buying re-manufactured furniture.
- If you’re buying re-manufactured furniture, look for a warranty. Many dealers will match the original warranty.
There are a lot of great options for those interested in saving money on office furniture by buying used. Be sure to do your research and buy carefully in order to get a great product at a great price. For more, read this link.